Last updated: March 22, 2021
- Information provided via our store locations.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites, such as delivery services and social media pages. These links are intended for your convenience only. These third-party websites and services are not related to Greenleaf and may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices. We have no responsibility for these websites or their privacy practices and encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit.
- Information We Collect From You
We collect Personal Information when you interact with our Services. Personal information is any information that relates to you, identifies you personally, or could be used to identify you including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or any other information.
The types of Personal Information that we may collect about you include, but are not limited to: information you provide to us, and information collected automatically about your use of our Site and Services.
Information You Provide Voluntarily
The Personal Information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information relating to the creation of an account on our Site, such as your first and last name, email address and unique individual password.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms that we make available. This includes information provided at the time of creating an account on our Site, subscribing to our Site, or requesting information or assistance, and can include your phone number, mobile number, fax number, address, and zip code.
- Information relating to our email sign-up page, including contact information, and whether you are over 16 years of age.
- If you sign up for the Rewards Program, you will provide first and last name, email address, phone number, and have the option to provide your date of birth or gender.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Site or an in-store purchase or other transaction with us by email, our Site, telephone, in writing or through other means.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information relating to your participation in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes.
- The name and email address of individuals to whom you send a gift card or similar purchases.
- Payment card, transaction or financial account information, if you make a purchase online or at one of our stores.
- Information you provide as part of signing up or entering a contest online through our Services or a third-party website. This information will be used as its described in specific Sweepstakes or Contest rules.
- Employment- and background-related information provided to us as a part of the prospective job application process.
Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about the type of device you are using, mobile ad identifiers, the time and length of your visit, the website that referred you to our website, and the subject of the ads you click or scroll over.
- Your location data so as to provide you with location-based services like notifying you of a nearby Greenleaf location or sending you push notifications or to engage in research, product development, analysis, and targeted marketing by email, push notification, online or in-app advertising. You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. See your device settings for more information.
Information from Third-Parties
Information Collected from Other Sources
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our Services to you, and prevent or detect fraud. Some information we collect is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, a chat room, or a social network like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tik Tok. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of your transactions, and give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
We may use cameras in stores to keep employees and customers safe and to look for ways to improve our customer experience. We do not use these cameras to identify people except when necessary for security reasons.
- To better serve you. The Personal Information we collect helps us to better understand and serve our customers.
- To fulfill your orders. The Personal Information we collect allows us to fulfill your online or dine-in order.
- To provide you our Services and to enhance our Services. The Personal Information we collect allows us to provide programs and program benefits, verify your participation, track submissions and orders placed, respond to your inquiries, and to keep records of our interactions.
- To send you marketing materials and promotional offerings about Greenleaf and third-party partners. The Personal Information we collect may also be used to tailor your experience on the Site or Services and/or otherwise customize what you see when you visit and use the Site.
- To provide notice of updates. The Personal Information we collect may also be used to advise you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Site or Services you have registered to use, and to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- For research purposes. The Personal Information we collect may also be used to conduct research and analysis and measure the effectiveness of our Services and Rewards Program and our offline and online marketing programs. This may be from information that we combine from other sources.
- To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys. We may use your Personal Information if you enter into any contests or sweepstakes which we or a third-party vendor might advertise, or if you accept one of our promotional offers or discounts, or if you respond to a survey from us or a third party.
- To ensure your compliance with our Terms and Reward Program Terms. We process your Personal Information to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- For research purposes. We may use the Personal Information we collect to conduct research and analysis and measure the effectiveness of our Services and Reward Program and our offline and online marketing programs. This may be from information that we combine from other sources.
- For collaboration with third parties. We may use your Personal Information to work with third parties, collect data for our records, or enable other parties to append other information to their records.
- To prevent, investigate, and provide notice of fraud and or unlawful or criminal activity. We may use your Personal Information to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- To comply with legal process and our legal obligations. We may use your Personal Information to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To process your job application. We will review your Personal Information to assess your qualifications for a job with Greenleaf.
We may also use your Personal Information to create aggregate information that does not allow you to be personally identified or contacted. Rather than showing individual activity, aggregate information shows user behavior as a whole. For example, we might compile information to calculate the number of users living in certain geographic areas. Aggregate information is used in order to market and promote the Services.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share or disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- To Our Service Providers, Partners and Affiliates. We may share with our service providers and partners who are performing services for us, including, without limitation, companies that host our Services or information systems, deliver communications on our behalf, make gift card and e-gift card services available to you, or otherwise assist us with providing the Services to you. This is applicable to affiliates, suppliers, consultants and agents we work with, who also might help administer, improve our and their programs and services.
- To Businesses Providing Features through our Services. The Services may also contain an Instagram “follow” button, Facebook “like” button and/or a Twitter “follow” button. If you choose to use these features or other comment or sharing features provided through the Services, such action may disclose your information not just to third-party websites and services, but also to their users and the public more generally. The Services may also allow you to share portions of your account information with third parties (for example, in connection with your use of an electronic wallet) and will automatically share information about your use of our Services with third parties if you use third-party services to interact with the Services (for example in connection with your use of third-party voice assist or payment services).
- To Business Partners. We may share with partners and third parties so they can develop, improve and tell you about their products, services, offers and programs which work with or are related to Greenleaf’s Services and Rewards Program, and or its affiliates. For example, we may share your information with a payment processor so they can to tell you about how their services work with Greenleaf Services.
- Other Third Parties. We may share with other third parties when you use their services together with our Services, or when you share information directly through our Services. For example, the Services may contain links to third-party websites that incorporate comments and social media features.
- Corporate Transactions. We may share with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred, and you agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment or transfer of rights to your Personal Information.
- To Third Parties at Your Request or Otherwise with Your Consent. We may share with third parties at your direction or with your consent.
- Data Security
Recognizing that your privacy is important to you, we employ technical security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized use. We strictly control access to any customer Personal Information. Only employees that require access to your Personal Information to provide our Services to you, or to measure and improve our customer service to you have access to your information. We regularly issue directives to train and educate our staff and management about our privacy procedures and controls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping that confidential. It is highly advised you do not share the password with anyone. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of your Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in our Services.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
We use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes:
- to make our Services function properly, or to improve our Site or Services;
- to make login to our Site or Services easier (such as by remembering your User ID);
- to recognize you when you return to our Site;
- to track your interaction with the Site or Services;
- to enhance your experience with the Site or Services;
- to remember information you have already provided;
- to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests; and
- to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Site or Services.
Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below.
- First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies go to aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see aboutads.info/consumers.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through the Digital Advertising Alliance (optout.aboutads.info) or the Network Advertising Initiative (optout.networkadvertising.org). In addition, on your iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device, you can change your device settings to control whether you see online interest-based ads.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition, most web browsers provide help pages relating to setting cookie preferences. More information may be found for the following browsers here:
- Your Choices
To provide our Services to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of this Site. From time to time, we may also send you other messages or updates about Greenleaf, our Site, our Services, our promotions or other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security related communications from us , you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or contact us where specified in the “Contact Us” section, below.
Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process and apply, during which time your Information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any Information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out or unsubscribe will not be retrieved or rescinded, unless required by applicable law.
Similarly, you may opt in to receive text messages, telephone calls and mailings. Where our mobile applications allow for the delivery of “push notifications” you can also opt out of receiving these notifications by toggling the “Notifications” switches within our mobile applications to “off.” By downloading and using our mobile applications, you may receive promotional messages, offers, news and information about Greenleaf or our business partners within the mobile application itself. These “in app” messages are part of our mobile application’s functionality and cannot be turned off. If you do not want to receive “in app” messages, offers, news and information, do not download or use our mobile application.
You can review and change your information by logging into your Greenleaf Rewards account online at greenleafchopshop.com or by logging into the Greenleaf App. You will need to go to your account profile to edit your information. For questions you may also contact us via our Site at greenleafchopshop.com. We may not be able to change certain information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16 do not use or provide any Personal Information on our Services or Rewards Program, or on any of the programs or features, such as your name, address, phone, email address, or any username you may have. We will delete your information should we find out we collected personal information from someone under 16 without parental consent.
- For California Residents
This section applies only to California residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), below is a summary of the Personal Information categories, as defined by the CCPA, that we collect, the reason we collect your Personal Information, where we obtain the Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information.
We generally collect the following categories of Personal Information about your when you use our Site or Services:
- Identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices.
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you.
- Internet or other electronic information regarding your browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, local preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information.
- Your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information.
- Audio recordings of your voice to the extent you call us, as permitted under applicable law.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
We do not collect information about an individual’s education-related information, an individual’s physical description, or biometric information. For more information about the Personal Information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to Sections 1 and 5, above.
We collect your Personal Information for the business purposes described in Section 2, above. The CCPA defines a “business purpose” as the use of Personal Information for the business’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided the use of Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected. The categories of third parties with whom we may share your Personal Information are listed in Section 3, above.
Your Rights and Choices. As a California resident, you have rights in relation to your Personal Information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of our network systems.
You may exercise your California privacy rights to know, access and deletion by emailing email@example.com. Please note that we will need to confirm your identity and California residency to process your requests to exercise your rights to know, access or delete your Personal Information. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request to access or a request to delete on your behalf. We will respond to your authorized agent’s request if they submit proof that they are registered with the California Secretary of State to be able to act on your behalf, or submit evidence you have provided them with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code section 4000 to 4465. We may deny requests from authorized agents who do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf, or are unable to verify their identity.
- Right Against Discrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, access, deletion or to opt-out of sales.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past twelve (12) months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we have sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Right to Access. You have the right to request a copy of the specific Personal Information we collected about you during the twelve (12) months before your request.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the methods described above. If required by law we will grant a deletion request, but please note that in many situations we must keep your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sales. You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. Greenleaf does not directly sell your personal information in the conventional sense (i.e., for money). Like many websites, we share certain information, such as your IP address, device ID, click ID, or other similar online identifiers with certain third party advertising and analytics vendors to improve your user experience, to learn how you use the website, and to help deliver interest-based ads to you. Some of those third parties may use the personal information for their own purposes or to provide services to other businesses. Under the CCPA, the sharing of this type of information is a “sale”, and you can opt-out of having your information shared in this way. If you would like to exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, please click here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Notice of Financial Incentive. In certain cases, we may offer a gift card, coupon, discount, points towards a future purchase, or other financial incentive in exchange for your participation in our Rewards Program, or for other reasons, such as in response to a survey that seeks feedback about Greenleaf, or for providing information about your shopping behaviors.
- Information We Collect for the Rewards Program. When you create your account and opt-in to the Rewards Program, you will be asked to provide the following information: First and last name, email address, phone number, date of birth, and gender. Note that data of birth and gender information are optional. We also ask you to store a payment card(s) so you can order your menu items online.
- Opt-In to Receive Rewards. You may opt-in to receive the benefits of the Rewards Program by signing up online or through the App. If you do not want to receive the financial incentive, you may elect to not participate. If you do not sign up, you will receive points with every purchase that can be redeemed towards future purchases. You may unlock additional rewards depending on the total amount of purchases you make.
- Opt-Out. You may opt-out of the Rewards Program and delete your account through the “Account” section of the site or by clicking the link in the App to take you to the account section of the site to delete your account, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
“Shine the Light” Requests. In addition, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding any disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in what is known as a “Shine the Light” request. To make such a request, please see the “Contact Us” section at the end of this Policy for more information on how to contact our Privacy Officer.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Site does not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
- International Transfers
Our Services are intended for individuals located in the United States. If you use our Services your Personal Information will be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located in the United States, where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use the Site or Services.